THE UNITED THEOLOGICAL COLLEGE, BANGALORE
Requires a PRINCIPAL
The United Theological College, Bangalore, invites applications/nominations for the post of the Principal of the College from candidates with the required qualifications and experience.
• Should be a recognized theological teacher, possessing an earned Doctoral Degree from one of the internationally reputed institutions in one of the subjects within the theological discipline.
• Should be a recognized scholar with sufficient number of publications in terms of books, edited works and articles in known National/International journals/periodicals or in edited works to his/her credit.
• Should have at least ten years of teaching experience by the end of May 2016 in a recognized theological college/s.
• Should have reached the minimum age of 50 years by June 1, 2016.
• Should be an Indian national.
• Should be committed to the Mission of the Church with an ecumenical outlook.
• Should have at least five years of administrative experience in a theological college(s)/ ecumenical bodies.
• Should be an ordained person from a church recognized by the UTC Society/NCCI, with some ministerial and parish experience in the Church, and must be in good standing with the Church.
• Should be able to work with others, and to maintain collegiality.
The Principal’s post will fall vacant from 1st October, 2017 and the appointment will be for a maximum period of eight years or until retirement, whichever is earlier. At the end of the term as Principal, provided the retirement age has not been reached, he/she may continue in service in the College as Professor on the Faculty as per the service rules of the Society.
The last date for receiving applications/nominations along with detailed resume, vision statement and names of at least three referees is 30th June, 2016.
Short-listed candidates will be called for an Interview on 4th/5th August, 2016.
The Search Committee reserves its rights to extend the last date for applying, if necessary, and the decision of the General Body of the UTC Society will be final with regard to the appointment of the Principal.
The applications should be addressed and sent to:
Search Committee, U.T.C. Society,
The United Theological College,
63, Miller’s Road, Bangalore – 560 046, India.